Friday, October 22, 2010

IO Favorite FUN Quote / ESS Sketch #105


Had a chance this week to participate in IO Stamp Favorite Poem, Quote, and/or Saying Challenge.  I wanted to do a card for a friend to cheer her up; and I found this Smell the Coffee set from Impression Obsession that will do the trick.  And the quote is just too perfect! :)


I also played along with this week ESS Sketch #105 created by Tracy Clemente.  My eye is totally drawn to the pane or window look of the sketch. I turned it on its side and decided to have a little fun with the shape of the frame.  I so like this image!  And it just so happens that I had the right pattern paper to go with it.  I used stickles on the cups of coffees to match the glitter on the DCWV Belle Cafe Stack pattern paper.

I needed to place the sentiment somewhere and a bookmark shape frame would do the trick.  Added the ribbon on the image's frame to add a bit of interest. 

Really like how this card turned out and look forward to using the rest of these IO stamps!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great Friday!

Supplies:
coffees - sentiment - Impression Obsession Smell the Coffee clear set
sentiment - Impression Obsession Smell the Coffee clear set
Ranger Stickles crystal
DCWV texture paper, DCWV Belle Cafe Stack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so awesome carol!!!! this card is totally me, lol!!! love the image and the dp goes along with it perfectly! i especially like your bookmark shape for the sentimnet...i will definitely try that out soon:) tfs!!!! tinla:)

Tracy said...

Fantastic Carol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sentiment is perfect for me. I can't function without my coffee. I love to see the differences in everyone's take on the sketch. You always make me say, why didn't I think of that. LOVE this one my friend!

Hugs,
Tracy

Related Posts with Thumbnails