Thursday, November 19, 2009

TCP Challenge TCPTUES84 / ESS Sketch #60


Last week TCP Tuesday Challenge  was hosted by Susan who brought us a TCP stamp challenge; where we were to use any  TCP December holiday stamp :).  Immedietely I chose to go with my oh so awesome new TCP Give A Little set that was just released.  Among the many FUN images on this set, there is this cute little penguin surrounded with lights and holiding an ornament, ready to decorate that tree!

For inspiration, I turned to this week ESS Sketch #60; and what a great layout this sketch makes! 

Here is my take on these two challenges.





With this sketch Tracy Clemente gives us a nice big accent that is held by a ribbon-like element.  For the accent, I wanted to use a fancy frame that went with the pp I chose; I found this in the Cricut Home Decor cartridge.  With a little help from Cricut Design Studio, I was able layer it to make it more fancy and paper pierced it to match the stitch look of the green ribbon. 

Isn't this little festive penguin ADORABLE?  ALL of the new TCP sets just rock!  I just hope I get time to play with them all.  As it is, I have been really itching to ink this image for a bit now!  So tonight I just had to :)   I used glaze glue and glitter to add dimenssion and bling to the ornament he is holding; that was a lot of FUN!  Hard to tell, but I also used glaze pens to color the lights.  I found this nice red felt ribbon that was perfect with this layout. 

I had such a great time making this card, and I simply had FUN playing with glitter, glaze and ribbons!  Another xmas card done, and plenty to go! :)
Thanks for stopping by and have a good one!


Supplies:
cute Penguin w/lights - The Cat's Pajamas Give A Little S-9678
"Be Merry and Bright" -  The Cat's Pajamas Give A Little S-9678
frame - all layers cut with Cricut Home Decor and Cricut Design Studio
DCWV Texture paper, K&Company Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist paper
Martha Stewart fine green glitter
M's s red felt ribbon, Targetr $ xmas ribbon
Aleene's Paper Glaze
Sakura Glaze pens
Versafine Onyx Black

6 comments:

Sarah C said...

I love this card- the framing, the image and the colors! A great, festive holiday card. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol, this is really adorable! Love how you used glaze glue and glitter on the ornie; it looks shiny and glittery at the same time! Always so nice to see your Cricut in action...this is an amazing, layered shape:) beautiful job on Tracy's sketch challenge, Carol; TFS!!!

Nancy said...

Hi Carol!! It does feel great to cross another holiday card completed off your list, huh? This is sooo cute! You are a Cat's Pajamas queen! All of the details with the glitter, glaze & ribbons....oh my! Whoever may be the recipient of this masterpiece will be very lucky!! Have a beautiful day!

Jenny Gropp said...

Hey Carol--- this is seriously cute. I love that cricut shape too!! You really show the cricut products off so well!!! Makes me kinda want one....

Armie said...

Hi Carol,

How are you my friend? Great looking card!! Love the TCP image you used here. I just bought the set too and I'm sooo glad I did! Thanks for the inspirations, as always :o). This is CRICUT? Niceee! I think I might have to invest in one..hmm... :o)

Take care and it's great seeing your work all the time!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!!! Wow! I can't believe I missed commenting on this card. This is super CUTE and FUN! Love that stamp and the ornament is so nice w/ all that glittery stuff to it plus the ribbon. You did a wonderful wonderful job! -anthonette

Related Posts with Thumbnails