Thursday, November 5, 2009

ESS Sketch #58 / IO Wreath Challenge


The first week of November has started off a little bit choppy; I caught a nasty cold that has zap a lot of my energy and made me a bit miserable. But since I slept most of the day away, I am burning the midnight oil right now, getting a chance to play in this week's Sketchy Thursday ESS Sketch #58. I also wanted to participate in the bi-weekly Impression Obsession's stamp challenge where they are currently having A Wreath Card Challenge.

This is my take on these two challenges:



I used this ESS sketch that Tracy Clemente created featuring a nice big circle with some fun circular embelishment to accent the circular frame. I thought this sketch went perfectly with the image I had in mind and that the circular embelishment were just right for using some gems.

For the IO Wreath Challenge, I wanted to use this fancy looking wreath from the Fancy Ornaments set along with this sentiment that fits so nicely. I used Martha Stewart pine branch punch to border the image, and I think it gives the card a FUN look :). I used pink gems on the wreath to match last year DCWV Christmas Stack pattern papers. I really like the way the pink looks combined with red and green on these pattern papers.

This was a FUN card to make and all the time I was making it, I didn't really think about my constant runny nose, LOL :)! It was a temporary relief! :)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
wreath - Impression Obscession Fancy Ornaments set CL201
"Christmas Joy to you and yours" - Impression Obscession
Fancy Ornaments set CL201
Martha Stewart pine leaf punch
atyouSpica for added glitter on the bow
DCWV Texture paper, DCWV Christmas Stack 2008 pattern paper

Darice red gems
Heidi Swapp pink gems
Versafine Black Onyx ink
Momento Lady Bug ink

8 comments:

Sarah C said...

Great card! I love how you made the circle on the sketch into a wreath and the MS pine branch punch to accessorize. Looks great!

Hope you are feeling better. We are fighting the same here in the Midwest.

Shirley said...

Wow! Carol this is just gorgeous and thanks so much for participating again. I love the wreath and the DP is paerfect for it.

Armie said...

Awww Carol, this is beautiful!! Love the wreath and how you used Tracy's sketch for it..really pretty I tell you. Love the PP and those pine branches..cool! That Martha..sure knows what we want! :o)

Saw the challenge in your blog couple of weeks ago and BIG CONGRATS (I had to check it!) on winning the challenge my friend, you deserved it!! :o) That STOCKINGS you did are awesome. Thinking about playing too. Have a few IO stamps I can definitely use :o). After seeing your card..I might just play along too. Thanks for the wonderful insipiration. Way to go on both challenges!!

anthonette said...

ohhhh carol, this is lovely. it's so right on the money. what a great layout. love those wreath and the pp you used are wondeful. WOW! thanks for sharing. i love this card!

Deborah March said...

Very pretty...love that background paper!

Jenny Gropp said...

Great card, Carol -- love the wreath around a wreath! So glad you are joining in with us on the chalenges!!!

Laura said...

Great card. I'm so glad you joined in with the wreath challenge. Now I really want that retro wreath!

Anonymous said...

Carol, I am so sorry that I missed commenting last week! I love this colour scheme for Christmas cards...pink and green look so elegant together! Fantastic job on the sketch; the MS punch, gems and DP....everything goes so well together! Hope you're having a great week, TFS!! Tinla:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails