Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rejoice / ESS Sketch #59


Last week I received the Snow Friend Cricut Cartridge and I have been really wanting to play with it, I think the various snowmen cuts are adorable, expressive and FUN!  So tonight I had a chance to play!

I had in mind to use this week's Sketchy Thursday ESS Sketch #59, and as always, it was lots of FUN!

Here is my take on this week challenge:




Tracy Clemente inspired sketch brings together so many layers while at the same time not looking so busy; and that cirlce frame is such a nice snow globe look to go with this cute little dancing snowman.  I used snowflakes as the accents.  I was able to use my Cricut and Cricut Design Studio to create the snow globe look I was looking for. 

The sentiment "Rejoice" is from a studio G $ stamp and I fits nicely with the happy dancing snowman.  The papers are from last year DCWV Christmas Stack and Provo Craft Holiday Slab V.  Adding the red gems to the blue snowflakes is a nice look.

I really like how this card came together, how it makes a lively and FUN christmas card.  I have quite a few more christmas cards to make, but I'm glad I got one less now :)

Have a great Thursday and thanks for stopping by! :)


Supplies:
"Rejoice" - studio G stamp
snowman - cut at 2'' using Cricut Snow Friends Cartridge
snow globe look - cut using Cricut Zooballoo Cartridge and Cricut Design Studio
Martha Stewart snowflake punch
EK small scallop punch
DCWV Texture paper, Provo Craft Holiday Slab V

Moment Lady Bug ink
Darice red gems
M's ribbon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol! So cute and cheery! That snowman is adorable and I love how you made a snowglobe using your Cricut! Very creative! I love that MS snowflake punch...I have been holding off on getting that one, but I think my 1 MS Arctic snowflake punch is lonely at home and wants a friend, tee hee hee!! Great job on Tracy's sketch challenge, Carol! TFS:):) Tinla

Unknown said...

super cute... that cartridge looks fun!

anthonette said...

hi carol,
Wow! that snowman looks so cute. what a fun outfit he has on and love the blue background snow behind him. the snowflakes on top looks really nice up there and adding the red gems made it even better! wooohooo! go carol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails