Wednesday, November 18, 2009

IO Shaker Cards Challenge / Christmas Tree


Christmas seems to be just around the corner, sneaking up rather quickly or so it seems. I wanted to play along with Impression Obscession's Shaker Cards Challenge. Shaker cards are so much FUN and IO makes it easier with their Shake It Pouches - comes with a nice peel-n-stick backing that holds the inner stuff nicely inside the accetate.


This is my take on this challenge:



I used the IO Star-topped Tree image and added some flower soft in Polar White as snow on the tree. I also mixed some with coarse glitter as the "snow" element inside the shaker box. I also folded a strip of paper to mimic ribbon folding I have seen on some great looking projects; really like how it gives a nice fancy look to the card. I also got to use my new Martha Stewart three dot punch that worked nice with the dot embossing on the frame. The frame was cut using my Cricut; it caught my eye with its FUN shape :)!

Great time making this card, too much FUN actually, did not pay more attention to gluing things on straight when putting it all together --- but that is what makes it handmade! :)
Supplies:
xmas tree - Impression Obscession Star-topped Tree E8275
Impression Obscession Shake It Pouches - Lg. Circle (size 3'')
frame - Cricut Winter Wonderland and Cricut Design Studio
Martha Stewart three dot edge punch
Martha Stewart coarse glitter
Flower Soft Polar White
Cuttlebug Swiss dot embossing folder

atyouSpica for added glitter on star
DCWV Texture paper, K&Company Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist paper
Momento Bamboo ink
Versafine Light Blue ink

4 comments:

Unknown said...

great card carol using all those new toys! :)

Laura said...

So glad you joined the shaker challenge. Your card is wonderful! I especially liked the mix of Flower Soft and glitter.

Jenny Gropp said...

So glad you decided to shake it up with the IO challenge!!! Awesome card -- I knew that was a cricut frame-- you are teasing me with those fun shapes! Love the ribbon folded paper-- looks awesome!!

Armie said...

Oooh, this is fantastic! Glad you got to play and you played it well!. Great snowglobe effect on this one. Gotta get me some of that shaker kit now! Really nice looking Carol. Fabulous layout too..thanks for sharing it once again! :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails