Sunday, November 8, 2009

November Month Scrapbook Calendar Page


I was able to finish my scrapbook page for the month of November created for my 2009 S.E.I. Calendar. I am so sad to find out that S.E.I will not be making a 2010 S.E.I. Calendar kit :( ; I 've been doing this for 3 years now and I come to enjoy them very much; I looked around for other calendar kits, but found them to be less of a blank canvas which means less room for me to put my own personal touches. Plus most of them are not 12x12, but as small as 6x6! And I refuse to buy a blank calendar where I have to write in the months and dates myself! No way! :) But I will have to figure something out, because I do want to do a calendar for next year. Will have to see.

I also wanted to play with this week Simon Says Challenge, where Simon Says....Give Thanks! A very fitting challenge for this month :). I am a little surprise how close Thanksgiving Day is - pretty much around the corner!

This is my take on the challenge:



That is the hubby being thankful that the turkey came out of the oven looking juicy and yummy! :) And with this layout I am giving thanks for him, for all the moments we share and for the sense of family we cherish. I created the sentiment using my darling Cricut and Cricut Design Studio to weld the Turkey and the sentiment. The sentiment is from the new Designer's Calendar cartridge and the cute Turkey is from Speaking of Fall cartridge. The Speaking of Fall cartridge is a cartridge which makes letters out of Fall theme icons, so the turkey is suppose to be a capital "D", in this case for "Day".

Really like how S.E.I. doesn't theme the months on their calendar other than trying to use colors/patterns appropriate for that month in a very subtle way. It lets me decide what to do with the pre-existing layout and offers me a blank canvas to put my own touches to it. I will definetely miss that! :)

Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
SEI 12x12 Calendar 2009

"Give Thanks" - cut at 3 1/4'' using Cricut Designer's Calendar and Cricut Design Studio to weld
"D" - cut at 5 1/8'' using Cricut Speaking of Fall and Cricut Design Studio to weld
small leaf on top of "k" - cut at 3/4'' using Cricut Speaking of Fall and Cricut Design Studio to weld
DCWV Texture Paper

Cuttlebug Organic Flourish border embossing folder

4 comments:

shelly said...

"That is the hubby being thankful that the turkey came out of the oven looking juicy and yummy! :)"

carole that cracked me up. great layout :) caa~ute turkey

Enfys said...

Fab layout Carol, your turkey comment made me laugh...
big hugs
En xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous layout.
luv
Debby

Jenny Gropp said...

HEHEEEE, you so funny!
Love your little turkey page and how proud the hubby looks!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails