Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cute Monster Birthday Card


My husband is a kid at heart :) To unwind, he loves to play video games; and one of his favorite games is PS3 Little Big Planet. I think the little Sack Character is so ADORABLE! And he (or she) is customizeable; so it is a game that keeps you entertain and is always FUN -- and very addictive! It seems to be a game that works for ALL ages.

So for his birthday, I decided to use my darling Cricut and the monster card in the Wild Card Cartridge that totally reminded me of his CUTE Sack Boy. I had to use it and once I got started, I was so glad I did. The Bday boy favors royal blue so this is what the end result looks like :)...




I used Doodlecharm Cartridge for the gift; this cartridge has always been one that is very handy to have :)... With Wild Card Cartridge, one of the FUN feature is the perfectly matching shape envelopes - they are so easy to make and add a special touch to the cards.



I used this funky retro pp from a DCWV Slab Stack; somehow it totally reminded me of buttons and game screens, so it worked out nicely - the colors are perfect. I decorated the inside too with another saying from the same cartridge - "SMILE" :).



The Bday boy loved my Sack Boy inspired card; and I had so much fun making it!

Supplies:
Monster Card - cut at 5'' using Cricut Wild Card Cartrige
Monster Envelope - cut at 5'' using Cricut Wild Card Cartridge
"Happy Birthday" - cut at 4 1/4'' using Cricut Wild Card Cartridge
" Smile" - cut at 1'' using Cricut Wild Card Cartridge
Gift - cut at 2 1/4'' using Doodlecharm Cartridge with dots using a hole punch
"4U" - Rub-ons
Pattern Paper from DCWV Slab Stack 5, Texture Paper from DCWV


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute card and that looks like a fun cartridge.. hm... :)

Spot-On said...

hehe I knitted one! That's how much I love my DH! ROFL! Pain the rear to knit too cos some parts are like 6 stitches wide and very fiddly. I have almost finished him, just need to add the trim fake stitches :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails