Saturday, September 26, 2009

TCP Challenge TCPTUES77 / ESS Sketch #53


Doesn't it feel like summer seems to be winding down? I will be so sorry to see it go! :) I am trying to soak in the remaining fading days of summer.

Sprinkle seems to have the right idea here, lounging and sipping on some long island ice tea :) ...


The colors came for this week TCP Tuesday Challenge, hosted by Joanne whose blog, ...just a little something... is filled with creativity. Joanne had for us this yummy and bold color combination - black, melon pink and pumpkin! I thought I could still use this to make a FUN summer card, using the black only as the accent color.

I also wanted to play along with this week ESS Sketch #53, where Tracy Clemente continues her FUN sketches with this one, mixing different layers, a great spot to use a FUN edge punch and a nice flag shape accent to finish it off.

I used leftover scraps on this card! Seems to have collected a bit of that so I am trying to use them a bit at a time. I also used TCP German Glass Glitterin in a very shiny orange color; really like the texture and dimension I got using german glass which is a bit more coarse than regular glitter. I also used some gelly gems that reminded me of water drops. The sentiment is just right, and the flag tag on this layout is a great place for it.
Hope your weekend is relaxing and you get a moment to soak it up! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
relaxing Sprinkle - The Cat's Pajamas
Fun in the Sun N-9670
"Soakin' It up" - The Cat's Pajamas
Fun in the Sun N-9670
DCWV Citrus Stack, DCWV pattern paper, DCWV texture paper
EK wavy edge punch
EK bubbles edge punch
German Glass Glitterin 4 Hot Colors TCP Embellies
Gelly gems bought from TCP at stamp show

8 comments:

Alice said...

Adorable card, Carol! I have always loved that stamp! I like the balance of the challenge colors. It is festive, but not overpowering! (You have the coolest punches. *sigh*)

anthonette said...

yes, you do have the coolest punches! great colors on this card and the sentiment is just perfect...love how you added those gemstones on the flag and the orange glitters gave it a really nice dimension! pass the long island ice tea this way please! :)

Wendy said...

That is a very lovely card you made!! Great work.

Armie said...

Carol, what an awesome colors scheme you have here and you played it so well, great job my friend!! I can definitely drink some of that long island ice tea here...it's getting cold and I think it's gonna start snowing soon..bummer...so yeah, I'd like to go there and soak some sun with Sprinkles! TFS :o)

Unknown said...

What a great card! I love how you combined the papers. The cat image is fantastic!

Hugs,
Simone

Anonymous said...

A perfect fun summery card to end the season with! Love how you used black as an accent colour. bling, glitter and you have the coolest toys to play with!!! And you used them so well:) Kudos to you for using scraps...it's a great feeling to see the pile dwindling! You did fabulous on Tracy's Sketch Challenge and the TCP Tuesday Challenge, Carol...TFS!! Tinla (is there still some long island iced tea for me, girls??:)!!!)

Linda Beeson said...

That border punch was absolutely the most perfect choice for the theme or your card.

Tracy said...

Sooo fun Carol. You are the Queen of border punches. I have to admit many of my recent purchases have been because of you! *wink* Those gelly gems are fabulous too. Great job on this week's sketch girl!! Hugs, Tracy

Related Posts with Thumbnails