Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You're My Cup of Tea! / TCP Tuesday #120


This week I wanted to play along with the TCP Tuesday Challenge #120, where Toni from Moved to the Mountains blog, had an inspiration challenge for us. Love those! But yes, I'm always a bit too literal when it comes to those types of challenges so I took a few of the elements from the inspiration picture, like the pillowcase and white sheets, and ran with it.




Here is the inspiration picture, a quilted funky rectangular pattern set with rich red and burgundy colors toned down with light pink and white and nice fresh set of white sheet. I decided to take a few of those funky shapes on the pillowcase and use my Cricut to cut that frame for my image. Can you see it? It's a bird's eye view of the bed in the inspiration picture :) ... LOL!

And in honor of our fabulous talented hostess, Toni, I decided to use these newly release (and I believe named after her) TCP Toni's Tea Set stamps :). I have been really itching to ink this set, with this cute looking tea cup and FUN sentiment, I can see myself inking these for other occasions!

I used a combination of coordinating DCWV papers from different stacks, trying to imitate the bed set :). I had fun paper piecing my image. I used this EK edge punch with my interpretation of white sheets. I had also been itching to use this wool felt from a collection I got from the TCP website. They come in a variety of coordinating colors and I couldn't help myself to them! :) I used the TCP Flower Button die on the felt to make this flowery frame for my cute little tea bag. I then used a bit of red/white twine for some added fun and was done.

This card came together nicely and I like how the layout is a bit different than I normal go for. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
teacup - The Cat's Pajama's Toni's Tea Set K-0691
little tea bag - The Cat's Pajama's Toni's Tea Set K-0691
"You're My Cup Of Tea" - The Cat's Pajama's Toni's Tea Set K-0691
TCP Flower Button die
Wool felt available at TCP website
Red/White twine available at TCP website
EK edge punch
Cricut to cut the irregular rectangles
DCWV Texture paper, DCWV Sweet Stack, , DCWV Summer Dream Stack

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously sis....TOO CUTE!!!
BTW...do you know if that bed set comes in Full?? lol

Unknown said...

You really matched the inspiration photo well with your creation! And you used your new toys! yay!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a sweet card! Love all that pink!

Related Posts with Thumbnails