Wednesday, August 18, 2010

TCP Tuesday #122 / ESS Sketch #96


My friend's birthday is coming up.  She is a kitty lover and currently in medical school.  As a second year, she is doing all kinds of things from drawing blood to medicating patients via IVs.  So for her birthday card, I thought nurse Sprinkles from TCP You Sick Thing set would work just right!



This also gave me a perfect chance to play along with two of my favorite challenges.  First off is the TCP Tuesday #122 challenge co-hosted by  Joanne and Carole who came up with these yummy FUN looking colors.  Really like how these colors look together!  I just had to use them!  The red played in nicely with the red nurse hat.

I needed a little help with a layout idea and I was able to find inspiration from this week's ESS Sketch #96 created by Tracy Clemente.  Really like the simple layering of the sketch and  I smiled when I saw I could use a flower accent!  This gave me the perfect chance to create a FUN flower accent that I have been seeing others used; using the TCP flower die along with the TCP button die to cuts various button that layer oh so nicely.  Really like how the flower adds dimension to the card.  For the frame around nurse Sprinkle, I used my Cricut Cindy Loo (that I bought just for the many frame cuts).  The daisy in the sketch reminded me of the MS daisy edge punch I have been meaning to use and reminded me of this Cuttlebug edge embossing folder that coordinates nicely while adding dimension to a blank space. 

I am really looking forward to her getting this card.  It celebrates her caring nature and makes the perfect bday card for her.  

Thank you for stopping by and happy crafting!
  
Supplies:
nurse Sprinkle - The Cat's Pajama's You Sick Thing N-9672 clear set
SAY "AHHH!" - The Cat's Pajama's You Sick Thing N-9672 clear set
frame - cut with Cricut Cindy Loo
TCP Flower Button die
TCP Buttons die

Martha Stewart daisy edge punch
Cuttlebug flower edge embossing folder
DCWV At Home Stack, DCWV Summer Dream Stock
Versafine black onyx ink

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the fantastic details in your card, Carol! dry embossing, use of those must-have TCP dies, daisy punch and your use of the Cricut! Your friend will adore the card; personalised just for her! Great card, Carol...always so wonderful to see you play! TFS:):) Tinla

Tracy said...

Carol your card is FABULOUS!!!! Your friend will no doubt ♥ it too. You always have such fantastic details. Love the embossing with your buttons and of course Sprinkle with her pink hat!!!! You rocked this sketch girl!

Hugs,
Tracy

Alma de la Rosa said...

How cute! Love the scroll and frame and the embossing.

Linda Nicholson said...

I am sure your friend just adored this! I can't think of a more appropriate image to use.

Linda

P.S.- Carol I also wanted to check in with you. I haven't seen you on SCS for a little while and just wanted to make sure that you haven't forgotten about the TCP ATC swap. The due date is creeping up on 09/15/2010.

Related Posts with Thumbnails