Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thanks! / ESS Sketch #93


We visited my in-laws earlier this month and they send us home with a luggage full of amazing Puerto Rican cuisine, frozen and nicely packaged!  So I wanted to make them a card thanking them for their thoughtfulness. 

This is what I came up with:



I started off with this week ESS Sketch #93 created by Tracy Clemente from Eat, Sleep, Stamp blog. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, really like the simplicity of her sketches that act like a blank canvas for some FUN creativity. 

I used this whimsical butterfly stamp from Inkandinkado Fancy That set that also included the sentiment.  I thought it was perfect for this DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies pattern paper that had a lot going on, flowers and butterflies oh my! 

I combined it with this plaid pattern paper that coordinates while tones down the busy pattern paper.  Of course I had to keep going with the FUN butterfly theme by using this Martha Stewart butterfly edge punch and embossing some flowers onto the blue shimmer paper.  I then finished off the whimsical look by adding some matching gems, oh yeah! :)

Coloring the image was just too much fun, really appreciate those copics!  I cut out the image and laid it on the pattern paper and it blends in nicely; whimsical on whimsical :) ....


I'm hoping you guys are having a nice weekend and thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
whimsical butterfly - Inkandinkado Fancy That set
"Thanks!" -  Inkandinkado Fancy That set
DCWV texture paper, DCWV Bossoms and Butterflies Stack, Wausau Paper Pearlescent Cardstock
Martha Stewart monarch butterfly edge punch
EK small scallop punch
Cuttlebug embossing edge folder
Darice gems

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic card, carol! i love all of the special details; bling, matchy dp, and your butterfly and flower theme. your in laws will love it! glad you were able to play this week...tfs!!! hugs; tinla

Tracy said...

It's Carol!!!!!!!!!! I almost missed this gem. What a fantastic card girl. L♥VE this stamp. I had to do a double take because it's so perfect I almost thought it was a sticker! You are so sweet. Thank you for your support of my sketches. I couldn't do it without you guys. Honestly though I don't think you need a sketch to make your cards any more awesome than they already are!!!

Hugs,
Tracy

Related Posts with Thumbnails