Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy Anniversary, lovebirds!


We are fortunate to know this couple who just celebrated MANY years of marriage... and we wanted to congratulate them.  I was going for a elegant, fanciful look but I think it came out a bit whimsical :) just like them!

Here is what I came up with:


I used DCWV Once Upon A Time pattern paper for the card that I cut using Cricut Sentimentals cartridge.  That cartridge has a few different shape cards and some with decorative edges, I love it!   I then embossed it using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I place the branch and popped out the birdies within the frame.  I added some gems to the frame and a clear gem heart for the lovebirds.  The sentiment is from a studio G $ stamp picked up at M's; just right for this card.

Making this card was quick and easy; well after I spent time thinking of what it would look like :)... and I'm pretty happy with the outcome!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Supplies:
birdies on branch - cut using Cricut Tie The Knot cartridge
card with bottom leafy edge - cut using Cricut Sentimentals cartridge and Cricut Design Studio
"Happy Anniversary" - studio G $ stamp
Cuttlebug flourished farm embossing folder
DCWV Once Upon A Time stack, Paper Company shimmer paper, DCWV Shimmer Stack
Darice orange gems and clear heart gem
Dew Drop Brilliance pearlescent chocolate ink
Miscellaneous $ ribbon

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails