Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Spring! / Coolibah Digital Scrapbooking


Happy Spring everyone!  Late last year, my hubby and I decided to give "part-time" gardening a try with the idea of keeping it simple, keeping it manageable, keeping it FUN while giving us something for both of us to work on.  So we got these "fool-proof" bulbs at Costco and followed the directions, set up our sprinklers and added miracle gro to it from time to time :).  To our outmost surprise, early this month we got flowers!  Bright yellow daffodils just sprung up! :)  We are still waiting for our tullips but they look like they are coming along... we think.

I took a few pics with my iPhone the last few months and we were so amazed at our happy flowers, that I wanted to scrapbook them.  I decided to give digital scrapbooking a go, I don't do that as often as I would like.  There is this cool app for the iPhone called Coolibah that allows me to take my iPhone pictures and scrap them right on the device.  The app is about $5 and they have about 10 free kits and you can purchase additional kits for .99 cents.  You can try out the app for free though and see if it is for you; I was hooked after seeing some of the creations when I purchased it back in Sept.(see their Coolibah flickr album here).  I really love it, a great way to pass the time.  You can then save the layout to a picture (jpg) with the option of saving it as a high resolution (printing quality) or just iPhone quality.  Just a nice way to do some simple scrabooking on the go and enjoy the results!  So far, I have printed a nice 4x6 and framed it.

Here is a layout with my hubby holding on to the miracle soil that was going to give us flowers! :)



Here is the layout of our happy yellow daffodils, nicely sprung!


The iPhone app takes a bit of getting use to, but once you get the hang of it, well it is addictive!  Great time making these layout, and I hope to do some more to capture FUN moments.

Sunny hellos, thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Coolibah iPhone App
Coolibah Happy Garden (free) Kit

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails