Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Elegant Bday Card


Last month my hubby's grandma celebrated 90 blessed years; strong and healthy we celebrated her - 4 children, 12 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren later, we are lucky to know her.  I wanted to create an elegant card to go with the fabulous party the family had planned for her.  I worked on this card and I was really happy with the result; but between Valentines day hussle, getting her gift mailed on time and getting my husband to sign the inside, I simply forgot to take a picture.  Instead I shipped it and realize too late that I didn't have a picture to blog about :(.  So I ask my mother in law to please take a picture.  Instead, my mother in law sent us a picture that grandma took herself.  Not the best looking picture :) but it's special, she also send us a really touching thank you note written in calligraphy --- how cool is that???

Here is the card:



I used DCWV Once Upon A Time pattern paper that had silver swirls for the card base.  I then used DCWV yellowish gold, pewter and rose shimmer paper along with Paper Company silver shimmer paper to coordinate and contrast .  For the leafy rectagular frame, I used my Cricut Storybook cartridge and dress it up with gems and Martha Stewart butterfly punch. I also used Martha Stewart big border punch to add a touch of whimsy.  To achieve a more elegant look, I had a bit too much fun with white and yellow Darice gems.

This card turned out exactly how I wanted; and I'm so tickled she liked it! Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails