Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Hello / ESS Sketch #48


Summer is a few weeks from coming to an end... and I am wondering where did it all go - where did all the endless days of summer go? I am going to make a point to enjoy the last few weeks!

On that note, for this week's ESS Sketch #48, I decided to use vibrant summer fun colors :)! Tracy Clemente's sketch for this week really called my name - with all those layering opportunities and with that circle accent, I could not resist!

This is my take on this week's challenge:

The colors on this card spells "HAPPY" to me! The DCWV Citrus Stack pattern paper had the circles to go with the circle accent of the sketch. I inked this cute, nicely decorated birdie with peacock like feathers from Hero Arts Happy Hello set. I really like the glitter on the piece of DCWV Sorbet Stack pattern paper, and I used a Martha Stewart daisy punch with some more DCWV glitter paper to match.

I had a good time coloring the birdie and dressing up the card with fun gems. Thanks for stopping by. have a "HAPPY" day!

Supplies:
birdie - Hero Arts
Happy Hello set
"a HaPPY HEllo" - Hero Arts
Happy Hello set
DCWV Citrus Stack, DCWV Sorbet Stack, DCWV Glitter Stack, DCWV texture paper
Versafine Onyx ink
Martha Stewart daisy punch
Darice orange gems
atyouSpica glitter pens
scor bug for Scor-pal

12 comments:

Glenda J said...

Your bird is fantastic and I love your bright colours! Great job!

Unknown said...

Carol you are so sweet, thanks for voting for my little doggy!!Sydney is just the sweetest, I am so lucky to have her.

Take care--and I LOVE your blog!

Armie said...

Oh my word Carol, GET OUT!! This card is insanely awesome!! Love all the PPs you used and goodness, that bird..fabulous!! YOu definitely rocked this one for sure girl!! The coloring is da bomb too!! It's always inspiring to see your work everytime!! Thanks for always sharing it with us. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol....

Love your card, the fun bright cheery colors is what did it for me!

thanks for sharing your great work...michele h..

Nancy said...

Definitely a HAPPY card! It made me smile! Super cute Carol!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Super cute card! Love that bird, and the colors, and pp....everything about it is perfect! Great job on tracy's sketch challenge!

Unknown said...

Cute and colorful! yay to using your fun supplies!

Anonymous said...

hey carol! I got happy just by seeing your card:) love the bright and cheery colours, and how you used the corner of your DP as part of the card:) (note to self; must remember that!) so beautiful! wonderful job on tracy's sketch challenge...TFS!! tinla:)

anthonette said...

This card made me smile! So happy and cheery. I'm loving the bright colors from the pp and the bird. Everything just goes together! So awesome!

Tracy said...

To echo Armie.... GET OUT! This is insanely cute and cheery. I absolutely love it Carol. Go Carol, Go Carol! LOL! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch. Visiting your blog is always such a treat.

Hugs,
Tracy

toners said...

Carol, this is AWESOME!! Those colors are fabulous for a summer card - and what a cute image!

Jenny Gropp said...

Carol -- I love that curved DP -- this is a really fun card you created -- colorful and sure to bring a smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails