Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fortune Cookie Note / ESS Sketch #47


I needed to make a fun notecard for someone who is about to start her second year of college and I wanted to wish her luck!

Here is my take on this week's sketch:


I started with this week ESS Sketch #47 created by Tracy Clemente (like my ESS Thursday badge :)?); when I saw the "tag" that Tracy put on this sketch, it immediately brought to mind the idea of a fortune cookie with fortune sentiment as the "tag" :)... after all what says "good luck", "good fortunes"- better than a fortune cookie???

I used pattern papers from the DCWV Far East stack - came together nicely with the image. The fortune cookie sentiment adds dimension to the card, and I like the way it came out. Really enjoyed this set, and the A MUSE Fortune Cookie Words set has so many FUN sentiments :)... I could see many uses for them!

Supplies:
"A new opportunity awaits you" - A MUSE Fortune Cookie Words set
"The cookie has spoken" - A MUSE Fortune Cookie Words set (sentiment inside)
Fortune Cookie - A MUSE Fortune Cookie
DWCV Far East Stack
Momento Bamboo ink

Versafine Onyx Black ink
JudiKins Color Duster
Cat's Eye Chalk Rose ink

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!! I have the fortune cookie and the sentiments set, and have yet to ink them up...your card has changed all that! I love how you interpreted the sketch...so creative, Carol! This is such a perfect card to send to someone who is starting a new school year:) Wonderful job on Tracy' sketch challenge...TFS!!!

Tracy said...

Fantastic Carol!! This couldn't have come out more perfect. You are the queen of patterned paper. That is always one of my biggest challenges. Which one do I use?? You always pick just the perfect elements to balance your cards out.
Thanks for playing along this week and putting up my badge!!
Hugs,
Tracy

Related Posts with Thumbnails