Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thinking of You / ESS Sketch #40


This week seemed to have flown by and I was disappointed not to have had time to complete this card I started and finished in parts.

This is my take on this sketch:


Needless to say, I am too LATE to properly participate in this week Eat Sleep Stamp ESS Sketch #40 ; but I really do enjoy playing with ESS sketches and the group of very creative people who join regularly; so even though it is late, I am glad I played :) This past week, Tracy Clemente had a really FUN sketch that consisted of tag element! :) Not sure when the last time I used a tag on a card, so it was FUN to do so on this one!

I immediately thought of my Cricut and honed in on the Wedding cartridge and this tag with a swirl - so I gave it a try! :)

In keeping with the swirl idea; I chose this Inkandinkado Collage Expression set and this birdie stamp with swirls sitting on a branch; I used my new atyouspica soft colors to match the shimmer of the background paper. This card is a little outside my comfort zone, but I am happy with the results :)!

Have a good weekend!

Supplies:
swirly birdie - Inkandinkado Birds Galore 97625
"Thinking Of You" - Inkandinkado Collage Expression 97610
swirl tag - cut at 4'' using Cricut Wedding cartridge

DCWV The Luxury Stack, DCWV Texture Paper, Paper Company beige paper
Momento Tuxedo Black
ric-rac ribbon from J's
pebbles from M's
new atyouSpica for added glitter


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay to using the new birdie stamp! :) Who talked you into buyin that? ;)

toners said...

Carol, super interpretation of the sketch - as always! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails