Sunday, June 14, 2009

TCP Tuesday Challenge - TCPTUES62


This week TCP Challenge is hosted by Susan and she is into PENGUINS! She seems to really enjoy these darlings as much as I do! So she challenged us to pull out our TCP penguins. My first thought was - this is great, I get to use this adorable penguins and yummy cupcake image (from Smells Like Cake) - alright!!! :)

Here is my take on the challenge:


I found this bright and colorful DCWV Nana's Kids pattern paper with glitter stars that reminded me of the star on the image. I used this FUN candle border punch to go along with the birthday theme:)! I also used yellow stickles on the star and on the candles to match the glitter on the PP. I tried to pull colors from the PP, and I think I overdid it a bit :) but overall it was a FUN card to make!


Supplies:
Penguins w/cupcake - The Cat's Pajamas Smells Like Cake N-7543
sentiment - The Cat's Pajamas You Say It's Your Birthday N-7544
EK Success candle border punch
Martha Stewart edge punch
DCWV Nana's Kids, DCWV Texture Paper
ribbon from M's
atyouSpica for added glitter
Ranger Stickles yellow
Versafine Onyx Black

3 comments:

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

i think this is adorable and not over done at all! but you know me--i like color color color!! i'll try to get a little more original next time with the stamp challenge! (the penguins are just so cute and easy and quick to color!!) hugs, sus

Alice said...

What a fun, bright card, Carol! I love how you picked up all the colors in the DP. The star in the image and the paper do match each other perfectly!

toners said...

I love this! That candle border is perfect to go with the little guys :) So bright and cheery!

Related Posts with Thumbnails