Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thank You Card / ESS Sketch #39


This week I needed a thank you card for my aunt who hosted us a few weeks ago. She is one fabulous cook and it was a lot of FUN - and I wanted her to know that :)

Here is my take on these two challenges:


I turned to this week's Eat Sleep Stamp ESS Sketch #39 - another FUN sketch from Tracy Clemente. The sketch was easy to work with, with another great chance to use an edge punch or a pretty ribbon :)!

I pulled randomly Birds and Branches set and decided to ink this cute birdie for the first time - there is something about this image that makes me smile :)

I combined this challenge with this week Simon Says Stamp Challenge, themed Animals, where we could use any animal stamp we wanted! How easy is that? :)

This card came together pretty quick and easy... :)


Supplies:
Birdie - Hero Arts
Birds and Branches
"Thank You" - Hero Arts Thank You Messages
Versafine Onyx Black
DCWV Pocket full of Posies, DCWV Texture Paper
EK Success wave edge punch
Prisma Flowers

11 comments:

Lorraine A said...

This is gorgeous Carol am sure your Aunt will just love this :-) The image is very cute, the papers and layout you used are fab too !! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Carol, this is sooooo adorable! I guess you won't be surprised if I tell you that I love this HA set, too?!!!! This little birdie is too cute!! Love how you made your grass and paper pieced the birder...great job o Tracy's sketch challenge, Carol! Another darling entry!!!! TFS:) Tinla

toners said...

Carol, this is beautiful! I love, love the bright color combo and the stamps you used :) Gorgeous!

Tracy said...

This came out so beautiful Carol. I especially love the colors, so springy! And I always love paper piecing. Great job! Thanks for playing along with this week's challenge!

Hugs,
Tracy

Armie said...

Hello Carol! Ooohhh, this card is fabulous!! I love what you did here..the bird, the grass, and the flowers..just awesome!! Great colors too. Thank for all your inspiring work..loving all of 'em!!

Have great rest of the week and I'll see you again next week!! :o)

Jen said...

really cute Carol! Gosh! I wish I had as much time to craft as I used to. LOL

Keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing!

anthonette said...

oh wow! hi carol! what a great great card! you know, i didn't know if i want this stamp set or not but you sure helped me make up my mind! i'm getting this stamp! it's so cute how you did it! the flower gives it a nice touch and i love the way you did the bird and the grass. awesome!

marianne walker said...

I love the colors you picked.

Congrats, you won the prize on my blog drawing. send me an e-mail to ilikemarkers@gmail with your address. Thanks!

Colleen Wold said...

Carol this is adorable! I love the sweet little scene you created on your card with the bird. Love the paper piercing along the green "grass". TFS!

Kristie W. said...

This is so cute! Love how you created a scene with the bird!

Shirley said...

OMGosh, he is just so cute! I love the whole card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails