Monday, September 20, 2010

Owly Bday / ESS Sketch #100


Had a chance this weekend to make a special birthday card.  I received this really cute Hero Arts Party Owls stamp as a birthday gift from my crafty pal (wink) and had yet to see ink.  I decided I just had to use it when I saw this week's ESS Sketch #100; what a hoot! :) One hundred wonderful, fun sketches!

Here is what I came up with:



And here is that 100th sketch created by Tracy Clemente from Eat, Sleep, Stamp!  Very typical of Tracy to give us a FUN clean canvas to put our own spin to.  I decided that it provided a great chance to use some Cuttlebug embossing folders that I had lying around.  The pattern paper provided the inspiration to use the Cuttlebug candle embossing folder to emboss this  DCWV orange glitter paper.  This matched the dimensional pattern paper that was full of gifts and candles and glitter! 

I used the same orange glitter paper to paper piece the balloon.  Wanting to add more glitter, I used a light blue glitter paper and a Cuttlebug metal die to cut out "HAPPY BDAY" and stars all from the same die... have to use this die more often, it cut the glitter paper nicely!

I then wanted to decorate the inside.  I dug out this Cuttlebug owl embossing folder that matched the image so nicely while giving me a place to write my good wishes.  I then continued to use the Cuttlebug metal embossing die to cut out the candle and the sentiment inside.


Will be mailing this as soon as I can; and hope that she likes it! :).....

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
owls - Hero Arts Party Owls
"HAPPY BDAY" - Cuttlebug metal die
"make A Wish" - Cuttlebug metal die
stars - Cuttlebug metal die
candle - Cuttlebug metal die
DCWV Texture paper, DCWV Summer Stack, DCWV Glitter Stack (orange/light blue)
Cuttlebug candle embossing folder
Cuttelbug owl embossing folder
Momento Black Onyx ink

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh so cute, carol! love the darling party owls and all of your die cuts. fantastic coordination onyour card, insdie and out! your friend will love it!! tfs! tinla

Tracy said...

Sooo adorable Carol! Maybe you can use these cuties for an ATC! I love them! And your Cuttlebug was a perfect for the card. Thank you so much for celebrating #100 with me!!!

Hugs,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol....

Super cute card!!

Thank you again....Michele

Related Posts with Thumbnails