Friday, April 30, 2010

Thank you for the bright yellow Daffodils!


My facination with daffodils continues, they are after all one of the first flowers of spring! :) Earliear this month, one of my co-workers had the very thoughtful idea - he surprised us with gorgeous, bright yellow Daffodils in this beautiful blue vase.  He did this in support of the American Cancer Society, where daffodils are the symbol of hope.  My mother had cancer.  And for about a week, this gesture brighten up my home, so I wanted to really thank him. 

This is the card I made for him, tried to keep it masculine while at the same time bright!


For the daffodils I used the border feature from Walk in My Garden Cricut cartridge and for the sentiment, I used a Cuttebug die.  Added some leafy element with an EK punch.  Inside, I included a set of AMC movie tickets so he can enjoy a bright moment of FUN. 

Really glad how it turned out.  Thanks for stopping by and happy spring!

Supplies:
daffodils - cut at 3'' using Walk In My Garden Cricut cartridge
"thank you" - Cuttlebug die cut
EK wave edge punch
EK leafy punch
DCWV Texture Paper, DCWV Garden Party Stack for the green pattern paper and The Spring Glitter Stack 2009 for the paisly pattern paper

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails