Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary! / Happy Earth Day!


Today is my anniversary and of course, as usual, I did my husband's card at the very last minute :)!  But such is life!   Our life at that!   I wanted something CUTE and fast.  So of course I turned to the Cricut and the Cricut Sweetheart Cartridge, and these cute little birdies in their nest to say it all. 


And because it is Earth Day, I was inspired to use this DCWV Green Stack pattern paper that has a leafy criss-cross pattern that matches perfectly!  I then coordinated with the birdie pattern paper from the same stack that goes well with the birdies die cut.  Had a bit of a fight trying to glue the sentiment but I liked the end result.  Finished it off with some embossing using a Cuttlebug folder and a leafy edge punch.

I hope to give him this along with the Avatar movie and fruit (apple) that is traditional for this year anniversary :).  I haven't been crafting as much as I would like but this was a very FUN card to make and shows me how much I missed it!  Hope to find more time for it soon. 

Supplies:
birds and nest - cut 3 1/4' using Cricut Sweetheart Cartridge
"Happy Anniversary" - cut at 1 3/4'' using Cricut Sweetheart Cartridge
DCWV The Green Stack, DCWV Texture paper
EK leafy punch
Cuttlebug branch folder

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You bought that vine border punch! J's? :)

Tracy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails