Sunday, December 6, 2009

IO White Challenge


This weekend is already half way over and I didn't get half the things done on my list! But at least I manage to do one more xmas card when I decided to play along with Impression Obsession's White Challenge. Now the white challenge was definetely that, a challenge! But I had this idea in my head for days and no time to sit down and do anything until now. I really couldn't play much with the idea, since I was already running late for the deadline of this challenge, so this was a fast card, mistakes and all! :)

Here is my take on this challenge. I tried to capture the shimmer of the paper, which took me a bit of time when I was already running late! :)



This ornament from the IO Fancy Ornaments set is so PRETTY, I really enjoyed dressing it up with rinestones. I stamped this image with embossing ink on DCWV The Shimmer Stack paper and used fine opaque embossing powder, then cut it out. The snowflake is cut using my Cricut When It's Cold Outside cartridge and I used my Cuttlebog embossing folders to emboss the base card shaped like a tag.

Really glad I got to emboss on this card, usually not something I think to do and I had a blast doing it. I also like the end result, this ornament looks so elegant embossed.

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Holiday cardmaking everyone! :)

Supplies:
ornament- Impression Obscession
Fancy Ornaments set CL201
Happy Holidays- Impression Obscession Fancy Ornaments set CL201 (inside card)
snowflake - cut at 4 1/2'' using Cricut When It's Cold Outside Cartridge
Cuttlebug embossing foldes and edge embossing folder
Martha Stewart snowflake punch
DCWV Texture paper, DCWV The Shimmer Stack
Fiskar paper crimper

VersaMark ink
JudiKins Opaque fine embossing powder
Darice gems
J's shimmer white ribbon

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Carol, I am so glad you finally posted your beutiful card, and thanks again for sharing the IO post with me. Your card is wonderful. I love the rhinestones and the snowflake is perfect for that ornament too! Happy season, lady!

Armie said...

Hi agai Carol,

Awww..this is lovely! Love all the wonderful details you got here. I hope I can play too but lately my schedule is not cooperating with me..after work, I just want to relax and watch UGLY BETTY :o). Anyhoot, this IO ornament is really beautiful and the embossed look? Just perfect!! TFS my friend!! :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails