Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Boo! / ESS Sketch #54


I still need to make few more Halloween cards before I move on to the rest of the holiday season.  Actually, I've already had to start my xmas list!  But I am going to try to be in denial for a little while longer!

This is my take on a few challenges I decided to play along with:



I didn't want to miss playing along with this week ESS Sketch #54, where Tracy Clemente brings us a cute simple sketch with cleans lines and ribbon/bow of some kind as the accent.  I sometimes can be a bit too literal so I decided I was going to think outside the box and somehow ended up thinking that a small bat cut using my Cricut was a nice leap.  And yes, Tinla I so agree - this sketch also includes a great spot to use a FUN edge punch!

I also wanted to join this week Simon Says Challenge where the challenge for this week is Halloween!!! Boo!!! - did I mention I can be too literal sometimes?  :)  But I could not resist the  perfect opportunity to use this cute Hero Arts Owl-Oween set that I have been holding on to for about a year now and have not seen ink! I used the fun Martha Stewart goo edge punch and a button to top off the bat, reminded me of the eyes on the pattern paper.  I also used my Cricut Child's Year cartridge to cut the fancy border that I use to accent the scary little ghost!

This card came together pretty quickly; and although a bit literal, I did enjoy making it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a good one!

Supplies:
ghost - Hero Arts Owl-Oween set
"BOO!" - Hero Arts Owl-Oween set
spider - Hero Arts
Owl-Oween set
fancy frame - cut at 3 1/8'' and 3'' using Cricut A Child's Play Cartridge
bat - cut at 3/4'' using Cricut Paper Dolls Cartridge
Marth Stewart goo edge punch

DCWV texture paper, DCWV Fall Stack dotted pattern paper, Reflection Halloween pattern paper
J's ribbon

Momento Tuxedo Black ink
buttons -
TCP Hocus Pocus Buttons

12 comments:

Armie said...

Oooohh Carol, this is neat! Love your choices of papers and the button..goondess, looks like an eyeball staring at me..neat-o!! As always, you did awesome on the sketch! That drippy goo is the coolest ever, don't you think?? :o) TFS my friend! :o)

Anonymous said...

Yeah Carol, edger punch!!!! That MS Goo punch is way too fun! Thinking out of the box and thinking literal are both good...your cards come out so amazing either way! Love how you made your bat accent and how you wielded your Cricut to make that fantastic die cut shape!!! Everyhting goes together so well; a great card for Tracy's sketch challenge...you rocked it again, Carol!!!! TFS:) Tinla

Tracy said...

Oh Carol this C*U*T*E!!!! I absolutely love these HA owls. I first saw them last year and still have them on my wish list. I might have to change that after seeing this card. Two thumbs up on this baby!!! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch.

{{{HUGS}}}
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Really cute cards, the halloween cards people are making are just wonderful, thanks for sharing.

anthonette said...

HI Carol, I love Hero Arts! This owl turned out so cute. All the paper you used went so well w/ this image! Love the bat and that drippy goo! Super awesome card!

Unknown said...

very cute card!!!

Enfys said...

That drippy edge with the little spiders is awesome. Boo to you too!
hugs
En xx

toners said...

Ooooh, I think I "need" the drippy-edge punch... :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love this ghost and the bat looks fantastic ! everything is fab,, the paper, spiders , drippy goo ,,, everything ! :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x

debby4000 said...

Brilliant Halloween card, love the cute image.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

brilliant Haloween card, just love the colours and the image
Hugs Jacqui x

Chris (catt871) said...

This is AWESOME!! I love the drippy goo punch and all the spiders!!!!!! soooo spooky!!!!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Challenge blog!!!
Chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails