Tuesday, March 10, 2009

studio G Challenge Time SGC3 - Invitations


One of my hobby (a hobby within a hobby) is to collect studio G stamps (both wooden and clear); somehow I can't help but love their various designs and the $1 price tag. They are the cutest; and with the help of friends who scavenge hunt around for them with me (THANK YOU TRACY), I have manage to have a pretty big collection. They are relatively easy to store, especially the clear ones - I use baseball card holders and store them by theme. They come in handy at times; especially their sentiments.

Luckily, I have found other studio G lovers on Paper Craft Planet Studio G Collectors group. A relative new site - but this group holds lots of promise; especially in challenging me to use these stamps. I decided to participage in their Challenge Time SG3 - Invitations where we had to make an invitation card with studio G "invite" info stamps. That perked my interest- Marti wanted us to INK our little collection - what a concept!

The card was made all out of scraps (nothing NEW, not even the stamps :) - and I plan to use this card for my invites to our annual Mother's Day brunch this year :) I used my Cuttlebug circle dies to make those circles on the frame. I ironed that ribbon that looked beaten up after being at the bottom of my scrap stash; now it looks good as new :)...


I popped the sentiment for extra dimension and used atyouSpica for added glitter. Here is the inside of the card, where I used invite info stamps - need to fill in the details later (not too sure about the circles but I could not throw them away; had to use the scraps!)


{update on 3/21- didn't like the circles so added this cute punchout from Martha Stewart punch}

The card was FUN to make!!! And best of all I INKED those stamps! :)

Supplies:
"You're Invited" - Studio G Series 2
"event, place, date, time" - Studio G Series 11 (stamped inside)
"Happy Mother's Day" flower - Studio G Series 12
green leaf - Studio G Series 16
daisy flowers - Studio G Series 16
flower - Studio G Series 16
Martha Stewart Scallop Edge punch
Martha Stewart 3in1 butterflies punch
Momento various colors inks
VersaMagic Sea Breeze
atyouSpica for added glitter
DCWV Pattern Paper and Texture Paper


1 comments:

Unknown said...

woohoo! use those stamps! And a support group too? what could be better? ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails