Wednesday, May 6, 2009

TCP Challenge TCPTUES57 / ESS Sketch #35


For this week TCP Tuesday Challenge, Toni, our fun hostess, is back with a Color Challenge! The colors are nice and bright! They bring to mind a sea theme, so I went with that! Although they will also work nicely with bday cards, all kinds of masculine cards and summer cards.

I wanted to use this week's ESS Sketch #35, where Tracy Clemente did a great job with this versatile sketch - with too many ideas, it was a challenge for me to think of what to do with it, it has a lot of open space to play. And of course that is the FUN part!!!

I decided to use my Hula Cat stamp, where Sprinkles looks GORGEOUS, having a great time in her hula outfit - she oozes summer FUN! I also used my Flip Flops stamp for a FUN touch! These were my first purchases from the TCP design line after taking a FUN class taught by Tracy Falco. (thanks for turning me into a fan!:))

Here is my take on using these colors along with the sketch:

In keeping with the sea theme, I decided to use my Cricut to cut some waves! :) I fought back the urge to buy the fiskar punch, because of this cut from the Zooballoo cartridge. I used leaves glitter paper from Animal Cracker that makes the perfect background to Sprinkles hula outfit! I paper pieced her hula skirt for added texture and dimension. I used atyouSpica for added glitter on both the skirt and flip flops to match the background paper. I used the Cuttlebug embossing borders folders to add a border on top.

I took the sassy sentiment Hey Honey from the Hearts and Flowers clear set - I think it makes for a nice greeting card that I could use this summer.

This card came together after some pondering - but like the way it turned out! Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Hula Cat - The Cat's Pajamas Hula Cat F-7463
Flip Flops - The Cat's Pajamas
Flip Flops C-7457
"Hey Honey" - The Cat's Pajamas Hearts and Flowers S-8634
DCWV Animal Cracker, DCWV Texture Paper
Cuttlebug embossing borders folders - Frills
Versafine Onyx ink
Ribbon at M's
atyouSpica for added glitter

14 comments:

Armie said...

Oooohhhh Carol, Sprinkle is super cuteeee in a grass skirt!! I likeee this a lot! You did awesome on all challenges, wow!! Great use of them colors as well! TFS :o) Till next time again!!

Tracy said...

Ohhhh look at you doing a two-fer! I'm so jealous. I'm rarely that organized. LOL! Your card is FAB-U-LOUS!! Sprinkle couldn't look better against this PP and the waves - shut up! You really are Swanky Carol. =)
Thanks for playing along with this week's challenge.

Jenny Gropp said...

Awww Carol -- you knocked it out of the park! Hula Sprinkle is fab, fab, fab! Do you need my address to send it to me? lol!!!! Great card!

Anonymous said...

What a FUN card! And I love the details!!! Double waves, dry embossing at the top, flip flops....Sprinkles could not happier!!! Great job on Tracy's sketch challenge, Carol! If this doesn't put summer in my mind, then I don't know what will!! TFS: Tinla

Unknown said...

woohoo.. TCP swanky stamper of the month... you are working these stamps well! love the card!

Little C's Creations said...

So Cute, Carol!!! Looks like a lil' aloha kitty!!!

Great job on the sketch!!

Hugs,
Jen

Anthonette said...

oh my, what a cute card!!! it gave me this big smile, cat w/ hula skirt! wow!!! great card carol! i finally found your blog! wooohoooooooooo!!!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Super Cute Card! You had a questions about some pp I used on a card, and it is Cosmo Cricket, Girl Friday paper....the other matching patterns are super fun too!
Hugs,
Amanda

inkedx2 said...

Carol, Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your hula kitty, so cute!

Robbie

Nancy said...

WOW Carol, this is darling!! I love how you added the flip flops with the ribbon, very creative! I love the waves too! Awesome job on both sketches!

Lara said...

Adorable! I love how toy did the waves! Super cute and Sprinkle look fabulous as always!

Enfys said...

This is great, I love to see the cricut used to complement stamping. One of my favourite things. Love it
hugs
En x

Linda Beeson said...

Oh no, this is just totally adorable! LOVE that cute little "dancer" kitty cat but the colors and that background are just perfect.

Shirley said...

What a really pretty design with a really fun and beautiful card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails