Sunday, September 13, 2009

TCP Challenge TCPTUES75


This week TCP Tuesday Challenge is hosted by Leigh who has come up with a FUN sketch filled with some great layering apportunity.

Her is my take on this week challenge:


This is the sketch Leigh had for us to play with. This cute owl image comes from TCP Happy Camper set and I the sentiment made me think of a song he is playing, which led to the idea of using the music cuttlebug folder to emboss the background of one of the layers. I have been wanting to use this owl as owl images are one of my favorites. I just haven't had the chance until now. I am still getting use to coloring with my new copics and the blending marker; and even though I am not entirely happy with the way I colored the log he is sitting on, I am happy with the way the owl came out and how it matches the PP nicely.

I used these mosaic looking tiny tiles called Pez-a-Bling Acrylic Embellishments that I got from Marti at Pez-a-Doodle; they look pretty neat, and are fun to use; but not sure I capture it as good as a like on the picture.

Had a great time making this card; need to practice my coloring more :) Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a relaxing weekend!

Supplies:
owl - The Cat's Pajamas Happy Camper S-9667
"I'm A Happy Camper" - The Cat's Pajamas Happy Camper S-9667
Pez-a-Bling Acrylic Embellishments
Versafine Sepia ink
EK corner punch
EK edge punch
DCWV texture paper, DCWV Rockstar Stack, Basic Grey Gypsy paper, Reflection Autumn pattern paper

2 comments:

Leigh OBrien said...

Oh my, Carol, you rocked this one for sure. I love that you used the paper punch AND embossed too. Now, I never in a million years would have thought of that. Just love it!

Armie said...

Hi Carol,

This is cuteee!! Love the notepad strip on the side and the embossed paper..niceee!! Your take on the sketch is wonderful!! TFS :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails